23 November 2007

Getting Crushed By A Christmas Tree

Every year on the day after Thanksgiving Louis, Kira and Jenna head to Connecticut to pick out the Parks Family Christmas Tree. When I'm on town, they let me tag along, which is wonderful for a kid from California who either picked out his tree in the Home Depot parking lot while wearing flip flops or helped his Dad take it out of the box and "assemble" the pieces.

The journey begins at 7:30am with delicious Dunkin' Donuts (which, alone, is worth the trip).


From there, it's a solid hour by car, during which Kira and Jenna enjoy playing "let me show you how much I love you."


We then pick up Terry and his gang, who never buy fewer than three trees. They're big-time tree people.


Cut to more sisterly love...


Next, it's all about selecting the "perfect tree," which you then chop down (ironic, no?). Fraser Fur only, obviously. This was Erin's first time chopping.



I, on the other hand, have a lot of experience, which doesn't explain how I allowed this one to fall on top of me.



Now nearing the end of the event, we all load them on the tractor, where they are whisked away to be cleaned up and loaded.


Then it's back through beautiful Connecticut, pretty leaves, pristine sky and all...



I'm still coated with sap, which feels great! Gotta love those holiday traditions!

1 comment:

Kelly Rae said...

Oh my goodness! I want to move to Connecticut!!