12 February 2008

Talks, Burgers & Goodbyes, Oh My!


It just hit me. I’m spending 40 days in a Toyota Scion with the same person. While we’re great friends as of right now, close quarters and bad mix cds could mean other things…


We’ve still got about a million things to buy, stuff in and check off of our pre-departure list, all before an evening farewell barbecue with family and friends. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about this next part of the adventure. It seems that I do all I can to avoid normalcy then, just as it becomes enjoyable, I mix it all up again! Nonetheless, this mix is certain to be memorable.


We’re starting in LA then onward to San Fran, Portland, Seattle, Yosemite, Mount Rushmore, St. Paul/Minneapolis, Omaha, Little Rock, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Atlanta, Greesboro, Montreal, Denver, Burlington, Concorde, Boston, New York and DC. Yes, we are both insane. Today it was pretty sweet – we were at an international school in South Gate, Los Angeles talking to the leadership class about launching Ventures through a partner organization, OneWorldNow! These kids go through all of high school in a trilingual environment – English, Spanish and Arabic or Chinese. WHOA! Needless to say, they had some phenomenal ideas, and I think we may get a solid 5 to 8 teams from the school! These kids are all from modest backgrounds and most will be the first in their families to go to college, which is pretty cool!

Well, hittin’ the road shortly, so back to packing…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a whirlwind sendoff for you guys! Now you are on the road and hopefully practicing English, Spanish, Chinese and/or Arabic!
Kent, Julie, Nina

Kyle Taylor said...

hi kent =) thanks for the comment!! we've only covered English so far, but stay posted...